Immigration Legal Services
We provide high-quality, low-cost legal immigration services. We empower immigrants, helping hundreds of people each year to obtain legal status in the U.S. for the first time in their lives. Our bilingual attorneys and caseworkers provide comprehensive services, guiding clients through each step of the process as well as translating documents from Spanish to English, providing help in paying Immigration fees online, etc. We serve the southern ten counties of New Mexico, although our services are not limited to residents of New Mexico – we also have some clients from the El Paso area. We serve clients who live north of immigration checkpoints, handling their cases by phone, mail and email.
We help with the following type of cases:
- Family-based petitions
- Applications for residency through a family member
- Removal of conditions of residency (I-751)
- Waiver of extreme hardship for unlawful presence (I-601 and I-601A)
- Green card renewals
- DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)
- U-visas (for crime victims)*
- T-visas (for trafficking victims)*
- VAWA (visas for victims of domestic violence)*
- SIJS (Special Immigrant Juvenile Status) – for children who have been abandoned, abused, or neglected by one or both parents*
* Because of the funding we receive from the Mexican Consulate, we are able to provide free services for the majority of victims of crime and domestic violence and for Special Immigrant Juveniles who are Mexican Nationals. For other types of cases, we charge a flat fee that is much more reasonable than those of private attorneys. We will also help you figure out if you qualify for a fee waiver for the Immigration fees (for the types of cases for which fee waivers exist).
For more information on the DACA program, please visit: www.adminrelief.org.
For Spanish-language information from the Mexican consulate, please see: http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/elpaso/.
Before opening a case, we will do an initial consultation with you to make sure that you qualify for the immigration benefit you are applying for and to explain the costs and requirements.
Please call the office (575-527-0500) to schedule a consultation. Please note that our consultations fill up quickly
As time permits, our staff give informational presentations about our immigration legal services to parent groups, students, community groups, and others. We are able to do presentations in English and/or Spanish.
If you would like to request a presentation, please email Elizabeth Zavala at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the buttons below to find out more about the services we offer.